Using a Pilates Power Gym is a great way to get the benefits of a Pilates workout without having to pay for an expensive gym membership or private lessons on a reformer. The Power Gym is a small, in-home version of a Pilates reformer. It uses a combination of resistance and your body's natural movements to tone all your muscle groups in long, slow motions that you can learn in minutes. This allows anyone to do classic Pilates moves, in a simplified version without any type of learning curve.
Features Available on the Power Gym
The Power Gym is basically a large padded board that glides along a track. It can be adjusted to different heights for different exercises and to make moves more challenging. It allows users to perform simple, intuitive movements that are also said to be quite effective at toning and shaping the body.
Features include the following:
- There are multiple incline levels, allowing you to customize each exercise to your ability.
- This machine has four built-in variable resistance cords to make movements more challenging. This feature is unique to the Power Gym, and is not found on other reformers.
- You'll find a padded foot straps connected to one end of the board with cables, allowing the person using the machine to work through a wide variety of exercises holding the straps with the hands or feet.
- There's a headrest that folds out of the way when you aren't using it. This makes it possible to lie down on the board comfortably and work the cables with your hands, moving your body up and down on the machine.
- There is a push-up bar with grips attached to the opposite end of the machine.
- The machine has wheels mounted on the frame to make it easy to move around.
The equipment's carbon steel frame is durable and can hold up to 300 pounds, yet it folds easily to store in a closet or under the bed. When assembled, the machine is 54 inches long, 17 inches wide, and 26 inches high. It weighs 62 pounds, but the wheels make it relatively easy to move it around if you need to store it somewhere out of the way and only have it pulled out when you are using it.
What Comes with the Machine
If you decide to try the Pilates Power Gym, you'll get the fully assembled machine, an exercise DVD, and a nutrition plan that can help make it even easier for you to lose weight if you need to. The Power Gym also comes with an exercise and nutrition guide and an 8-week progression chart with tracking sheets, along with an exercise and conditioning program.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Power Gym
There are numerous reformers on the market. To make an informed decision of whether the Power Gym or another alternative is right for you, consider the pros and cons of the Power Gym.
- Limited learning curve: Even someone who has never used a reformer or done Pilates can learn to use this machine in minutes.
- Easy to move: The hidden wheels allow the machine to be moved easily, so you can store it out of the way when it isn't in use.
- No assembly: The machine comes completely assembled, so you can use it right out of the box.
- No lag time between exercises: You can switch quickly from one exercise or resistance to another, so there is no lag time as you work out.
- Compact size: The Power Gym is smaller than other reformers, so it fits in small homes and apartments.
- Incline feature: The added incline feature means that you can continue to get resistance from the machine as you improve.
- Size: While the machine is billed as being able to fit people up to 6-feet 2-inches in height, many people from 5-feet, 6-inches and taller have found they are unable to get full range of motion. Other, heavier users find it difficult to balance on the narrow board.
- Limited routines: If you are an advanced Pilates athlete who practices regularly, you may find that this machine is too limited for your use. While Pilates has more than 500 moves, the Power Gym can only do a fraction of them.
- Unstable bar: Some users have reported that the bar area is not stable when using it for squats on an incline.
Purchasing the Pilates Power Gym
At this time, the Power Gym can only be purchased in the United States directly from the manufacturer. The company offers two options for buying the machine. People can either buy it outright with a one-time payment or pay two installments to break up the cost. Either way, the company offers a 30-day money back guarantee on all their products.
Get Started in Pilates at Home With the Power Gym
If you are interested in starting Pilates at home and are looking for an easy-to-use and compact reformer, the Power Gym is the answer. Order one to get started on your fitness revolution today.