For fitness enthusiasts looking for a tool to help lose weight and tone muscle, the Malibu Pilates Chair is a possible option. It's an exercise apparatus that promises to lift, firm, sculpt, and burn, but does it do everything it claims?
What Is the Malibu Pilates Chair?
People are often leery of buying another piece of useless home exercise equipment. Unfortunately, many home exercise gadgets ultimately end up as a clothes horse rather than as a fitness tool. The Malibu Pilates Chair hopes to be more and offers a "one-of-a-kind" recipe for successful weight loss and toning with its adaptable spring-resistance and easy-to-do cardio exercises.
Joseph Pilates created his Pilates fitness system with the intent of it strengthening both the body and the mind, with a belief that the two were inter-related. It starts by strengthening the core and doing the exercises on a mat or with special apparatus that offer resistance training. The Malibu chair offers both spring resistance for traditional Pilates benefits as well as cardio fitness. You will burn fat as you work the pedals, and will also sculpt your body. It promises to sculpt:
- Tone abs with every move
Pros and Cons
Like with any fitness apparatus, the Malibu chair has both its advantages and disadvantages. Those interested in getting fit should weight these pros and cons to decide whether it will help them achieve that slimmer, sexier body:
- Chair Construction
- Lightweight and easy to store
- Easy to Use
- Custom-split-step pedals work arms and legs individually or together
- Easily adjusted without stopping to maintain calorie burning
- Comes with a DVD which includes a 10-minute introduction to the workout followed by the 20-minute makeover segment for days when you feel squeezed for time, and also features a 45-minute workout that includes total-body sculpting Pilates exercises intermingled with cardio workouts.
- Additional DVD featuring Pilates instructor Mari Winsor in which she has created a 30 minute Malibu Pilates Chair workout
- Promises quick weight loss in pounds and inches
- Comes with a Healthy Eating Guide
- 30 day money-back guarantee
- Some problems with design and durability: Some Amazon customers weren't happy and complained the the chair wasn't a good fit for plus size people and not sturdy enough to hold the weight. One customer complained the bar was too low to do some of the exercises.
- Exaggerated Claims: Success stories highlighted on the site state, "Results are not typical. Your results will vary." It raises the question of what is typical.
Reviews for the Malibu Pilates Chair
The website for the chair offers the celebrity endorsement of Susan Lucci of All My Children. It is also given positive reviews by
Will It Work?
Ultimately, everyone just wants to know whether the Malibu chair will work for them. Will it deliver the desired results? Exercise and a healthy diet will always contribute to weight loss if done correctly. How much lost and how fast will depend on diet, how many calories burned, and faithfulness to a fitness plan. The chair can aid in promoting a healthy lifestyle that includes exercise if used regularly, yet it's not going to work if it's not used as directed. The simple truth is that this apparatus will aid in getting fit, but it's not a necessity for getting fit and living a healthy lifestyle.