Total Gym workout videos, when used in conjunction with Total Gym fitness systems, can result in stronger, well-toned muscles, a change in body composition and whole-body fitness. These videos provide you with step-by-step routines that teach you how to take control of your fitness from the comfort of your home.
Total Gym Workout Videos and DVDs
The Total Gym systems offers a number of workout DVDs that are meant to supplement different types of training while using the Total Gym system. Resistance training, Pilates and total body workouts are all available for use with the machines.
Several workouts that focus on resistance training are available in DVD format. They include:
- Total Gym Blast Vol. 1&2 DVD Set: Five 15-minute workouts target specific areas-abs, back/chest, shoulders, biceps/triceps, buns and legs.
- Progression Series DVD Set: Total Gym Fundamentals, Total Gym Plus, and Total Gym Amplified Resistance are all included. They progress from a basic workout to advanced moves using the system. Workout times vary from 30 minutes to 45 minutes.
The Progression Series can be purchased separately, or the second and third grouped together.
The Total Gym machine can be used for Pilates workouts. The Pilates Workout One & Two offers two different workouts. The first workout is a mat workalong repertoire and the second is a reformer workalong repertoire. Both are done using the Total Gym machine.
If you're a personal trainer or group exercise instructor, you can use the Total Gym Gravity Videos to help you design better programs using compound movements and high intensity workout routines. You have a number of options to choose from including, but not limited to:
- GRAVITY Blast Series
- GRAVITY: High Performance Training
- GRAVITY Personal Training: Essentials of Program Design with Paul Chek
- GRAVITY Personal Training: Synthesis - Partner Training with Todd Durkin
- GRAVITY: Unleashed
- GRAVITY Group: Amplified Resistance
- GRAVITY Group: Functional Fun
- GRAVITY Youth
Total Gym Systems
The Total Gym is an exercise system that uses body weight as resistance while it tones and firms your body. The exercise machine, which looks like an angular body bench, works well for home, as it can be folded when not in use. Available models include:
1. Total Gym 26000: Ten levels with body weight resistance from 6 to 70 percent and inclines up to 34 degrees make this an upgrade from the 14000. It also includes a three bars-the pull-up, press and retractable dip.
2. GTS: The GTS model, endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association, has eight resistance levels that can use up to 59 percent of body weight. This system includes LAT bars, folding foot holders and telescoping squat stand.
3. PowerTower: Created for athletic training, rehab centers and fitness clubs, this is the ultimate home gym. Twelve calibrated resistance levels can use up to 72 percent of your total body weight. It comes with a motor and rocker switch, two wireless remotes, remote control handles, LAT bars and more. This model can also be folded and stored when not in use.
All three of the total gyms come with warranties and a 30-day money back guarantee. Total Gym workout DVDs are meant to be used in conjunction with the various models to help introduce new moves and vary a routine for best results.
Total Gym Accessories
You can buy accessories to fit your Total Gym machine. Popular accessories include an adjustable curl bench, weight bars and a wall mounting bracket. These accessories provide you with more opportunities to change up your routine and try different exercises. Make sure when you purchase your accessories that you pick up the style that is designed for your machine.
Total Gym workout videos and DVDs are designed to help give you the optimal workout. When the videos are used in conjunction with your home workout machine and additional accessories, you can help take control of your body and see the changes you've always wanted to see. As with any workout system, speak with your doctor to make sure you are healthy enough for exercise.